Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Bro Time!


Last week was James' birthday and with the party planning and such, we figured it would be better for him to move it to Jan 14th.  Which is going to work out fine, because next week (Feb 4th) I have a Daddy Daughter Dance to take Bella to.


So on to Bro Time!  This weekend was a hard one to do, because we were moving into a new house this weekend, so I was sore and tired from moving, but it was a nice break to take James out.
I realized something yesterday.  When Bella was born, Kathryn said 'Mark, leave her alone, give her a fighting chance to be normal and not weird'.  But now that I'm spending one-on-one time with them both, that is going to be hard to do.  Besides the fact that both (Bella especially) are developing their own weird quite well on their own.

Lowes is a really cool business, they have weekly projects that you can take your kids to at 10am on Saturdays.  You go in the back and they have a room setup with tons of families with kids building little projects.  These projects are cool, simple things like bird houses, picture frames etc.  This week just happened to be a wooden T-Rex!  Perfect....





Just like Bella, I took James to the store to buy a treat, Swedish Fish are the entree of the day.

Then I thought we could do some good ol' tree climbing.  Even though I weigh 240 lbs, James was impressed by the fact that I could get higher than him....We actually trash talked each other, if the other was too tired to run, or climb (usually me..lol) the other (usually James..lol) would cry out 'WEAK! YOU ARE WEAK!' 


We then had to do some moving while it was still daylight, but after that, we did one of the coolest things I could imagine.  We played with Batman Legos while watching the Batman Cartoon!  Loved it.

Then....we took a short nap while watching more Batman......

After all of that, we added one more thing, he helped get the fire going in our new fireplace.




1 comment:

  1. Love the posts! Tell James the dinosaur looks fierce. I can't imagine what the first picture of his face means but I love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete