Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DUCKS!

At this age, ANY time with daddy is good time.  And I suppose that will be mostly the case when she gets older.  So that makes it easy to plan things with her.  It takes the pressure off to know that I don't have to come up with a huge elaborate event every time, just some times.  This was one of those times, simple, fun, and memorable.

Before I begin, here is a website devoted to Dads of Daughters, it gives a list of 50 rules every Dad should take seriously.   http://lifetoheryears.com/50rules
Also in this site, are MANY MANY other ideas and awesome tips for Dads of Girls.
The day started off with her wanting to brush my hair, it felt nice, and she enjoyed it....I think.
When I asked her what she wanted to do today, she said she wanted to ride her scooter in the park and see the Tootles.  (Or Turtles).  So easy enough, I loaded her and her scooter up in the van and grabbed a handful of bread and off we went.
On the way a song called Hey The Delilah was playing and I started singing it to her, saying "Hey There Bella'  I was more than overwhelmed by the look on her face.  She LOVED it, she was lighting up and grinning, just listening.  So I took out my phone and turned it to pandora, and luckily many songs played that I knew the words to that I could sing to her, like You & Me by Lifehouse.  She couldn't get enough, despite my actual singing. lol.
We went to Dollar Tree and just like James, she got Mike & Ike's. 
We went to Mill Creek and took out her scooter.  She immediately picked some flowers that she wanted to give to mommy.  Come to think of it, mommy never did receive that gift....sorry mommy :-).


 Then we went on to riding the scooter, and looking for turtles.  The turtles weren't going for the bread, so I told her we would go to GSU and find some ducks.

 Ok, I HAVE to show you this picture, ever the aspiring model, I told Bella to pose next to her scooter, and this pic was snapped catching her in mid-wheredoIputmyarm-pose.  She made this hilarious slow motion gesture with her shoulder and arm while she tried to find a place to put her right hand........loved it.
So we went to GSU, outside of the library is a pond where there are always ducks.
This duck was pitiful funny, it must have something wrong with the oils in its feathers, it has a small afro.  I have noticed this duck before, but I never could get close enough.
 
This pic was weird, and because of this, I had to post it too.  She passed the sign for the Blood Drive and said, 'Daddy, you have to get a picture of me standing next to this'
So I did.
 After that she wanted to play follow the leader on the mini walls.  She said, 'every time we get to the end of the wall, we have to tell a joke, I'll go first.....daddy loves you.....hehe just kidding'.  That was her joke, 'daddy loves you', I love her brain.  The rest of the jokes she said were similar.

Then we went to Dairy Queen and had some ice cream.  She loved that too, of course.  And so did I really, I haven't had a chocolate sundae in a long time.
 
 
 
A Pretty Good Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment